Winter Solstice Candle | Jasmine, Amber, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Musk
The stillness of a midwinter night: sparkling amber, fresh snow, woods frozen under a starry sky
1 in stock
Fragrance notes: pear, amber, jasmine, vanilla, sandalwood, musk
A fresh blend of scents with a sweet, floral heart leading into a musky base. This unique fragrance will evoke the feeling of standing under a starry, midwinter sky.
Winter solstice is the height of winter, the longest night of the year. It usually takes place around the 21st of December in the Northern hemisphere. Since ancient times, the Winter Solstice has been celebrated by cultures all over the world as the death and rebirth of the sun.
The term ‘solstice’ is derived from Latin and translates roughly to ‘sun stands still.’ Stonehenge in the U.K, Newgrange in Ireland and other neolithic monuments were built to line up with the winter solstice sunrise/sunset. It’s very likely that they were places of worship and celebration for these ancient societies.
About the candle
- 140ml jar, with approx burn time of 25 hours
- Ideal for smaller rooms such as bedrooms, dorms or studies.
- Made with 100% soy wax, a cotton wick and high quality fragrance oils
- Vegan, paraffin-free and eco-friendly
- Hand-poured in London in small batches. Please note that colour and scent can vary slightly between batches.
- PLEASE NOTE: for best results, burn your candle for 2-3 hours on first burn, or until the melted wax pool reaches the edge of the jar
- Glass jars can be recycled or upcycled. Simply melt and throw away any remaining wax and clean out the jar with warm, soapy water.
Don’t forget, you can get free U.K delivery on orders of £35 or over! Opt in to our newsletter at checkout for seasonal discounts and special rewards.
|Dimensions||6.5 × 8 cm|